- Landscaping– Homes that have landscaping neatly trimmed and in good condition help bring a higher Return On Investment (or ROI). A well presented curb appeal will almost always help sell your home quickly. When first impressions are ignored, you only get a portion of the buyers that are truly interested in purchasing now.
- Hire an Inspector– Having your own inspection to help assess and make repairs gets you ahead of the game and makes it easier to close your sell.
- Clean Up– Inside and out. Make sure the home is clutter free for showings.
- Ceiling Popcorn Texture– if your home was built in the 80’s this is a real possibility. Get an estimate to have it removed; it makes an immediate, positive difference.
- Repaint the Interior– Whether it’s the fashion you believe is in or after removing the popcorn ceiling texture. Old paint suggests lack of maintenance and will hold back many buyers.
- Furnishings– Stage the home for buyers, not yourself.
- Lighting– Have all the lights on during a showing. Clean all the light fixtures to get a clear bright light and look for the interior of your home.
- Update your Cabinets– Lighter colors and painted cabinets are really big right now. Get a painter to sand and paint any kitchen & master bath cabinets that are outdated or are too dirty to clean.
- Privacy Concerns– Help create privacy or noise reduction with landscaping if you back up to a road or have a neighbor’s lot that looks into you yard.
- Clean and Seal– Decks, porches and garage floors. You want to create the impression that the house is well maintained.
If you are looking to build a new home and need help with any of the above, Connie Stewart has a real-estate brokers license and can be a valuable resource as you prepare to sell your home.
Stewart Custom Homes
We are the custom builder of choice in the DFW Metroplex for many of the home buyers that understand how important these decisions are. Our professionalism, relationships and reputation for a quality home is unmatched.
Put Our Experience to Work For You!
Make sure it’s the right design for you. If you need help with key functions you’re concerned about for your custom home, we are the professional custom builder you can trust. We have the experience and the ability to listen to your needs and be your team to build whatever you dream about. Get Stewart Custom Homes’ expertise for all your needs; even helping you prepare to sell your home.